February 2, 2010

Shultz tells all!

I rolled with one of my instructors today Scott (black belt) and he really pointed out some of my weakness and helped me realize some advantages that I've been missing.

- More pressure, get heavier and use every part of the gi available
- Work fasted and move quicker for submissions/transitions

He said my technique is very tight and that I just need to work on moving my transitions a lot faster. He also showed me a cool armbar transition from the regular position. Once they start passing me after I attempted the arm bar from guard, I should move my hips and put my other leg over while I go for the other arm. Things like that get me excited to continue grappling for years an d years to come...

Just a quick update. NAGA is coming soon, I'm excited to compete again.

No comments: