October 24, 2010

Ding Dong... the witch is back!

Don't ask where I come up with these titles. No really, don't ask.

I'll start off with saying, "I'M ALIVEEE!!!" This is probably a surprise to you. It has been quite a while since I updated my blog and things have changed quite a bit (which may actually be the understatement of the century). Since I have last updated, I moved back to my hometown, changed jobs, changed colleges and changed my jiu jitsu school. After an almost 8 months break from BJJ while I got my life back together, I am now with a school affiliated with Ricardo Almeida out of Saratoga, NY. I'm very excited to be getting back into the swing of things again.

There are major differences between my old school and the one I attend now. The biggest to me was going from mostly gi training to half or maybe a bit more without the gi. Another one that can't help but be noticed is the actual size of the gym itself and the number of people who train regularly. I could go on and on about the similarities and the differences but I'll just wrap it up by saying that I think I'm going to benefit more from training at this school.

Anyways, obviously with such an extended break I need to get back into shape again. My schedule so far is Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday doing BJJ. Tuesday is Boxing and Thursday is MMA. My goal is to lift on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday inbetween BJJ. I hope to get into MMA again soon but we will see how it goes. I'm working a lot more than I previously was before I moved back home so my energy level is a lot lower. I think I'm doing pretty well though considering my schedule so I'll just keep pushing through until I reach the level I was at prior to all the changes.

I couldn't help but read back a little bit and see what my old goals were. Surprise surprise, while I'm rolling I'm running into the same issues I had previously. Passing the guard and triangle escapes. Again, my focus for the next few weeks will be these two things. I'll update again shortly on what I have been learning.

1 comment:

slideyfoot said...

Cool: always good to see blog resurrections. :)