July 14, 2009

First half of training today finished!

Scott showed us a move called the 'Helicopter' armbar. If you've ever done it or seen a video, you know that it is a super flash move but it is reallllly cool! Would I ever pull it off? Probably not. However, if I am ever in this situation, I can use it. It feels good to learn a new way to incorporate a basic move. For those of you who have absolutely no clue as to what I am talking about...



After working this for a while, we worked a normal armbar from closed guard sweep. Been there, done that but I love working the basics.

Scott wanted us to roll after class so he could see technique and evaluate people towards belt promotions so I stayed. I rolled with him and he let me work any submission I wanted.

Back to class tonight at 6:45 and open mat following!

Oh, I also got another book in the mail today. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Theory and Technique by Renzo and Royler Gracie. I've only briefly looked through this one but I'm liking it more than my other book.

No comments: